So I'm back. It's a new year. A new
term. Semester. Whatever you want to call it. I should have had
something up yesterday but my battery was flat and I didn't have time
after getting home from a flight with over an hour of delays to find
my charger. Which I have since located and now can use the laptop in
a more mobile way.
I did intend to write on here over
Christmas but evidently I didn't feel the need to. Too many other
things to be doing and seeing. Bermuda does that to you. But only
last night, now that I've had time to just sit and do nothing (or,
relatively nothing) and must consider my course of action over this
next term I suddenly realized I missed this. Especially last night
when all that had been bottled up decided to show up again and for a
few hours I could barely keep my thoughts organized in any way. I
need a wall to scream at. But I don't exactly know why.
It's not like I had any epiphanies over
the holidays. I didn't have any situations that pushed me out of my
comfort zone. I wasn't forced to ponder my entire life, past,
present, or future. There was nothing really that should have lead
to a pile up of thoughts. And yet something did.
This is the paragraph where typically
something big and life-changing would be revealed. The answer to the
implied questions given above. But nope, those questions are not
rhetorical. I'm just here throwing words at a computer screen to see
if they stick in some recognizable order.
Seeing as I have nothing else really to
speak about and I'm not even half-way through my train ride, let me
throw a few random things at the screen now.
First off, while they are horribly
stereotypical New Year's resolutions is something I like to take
relatively seriously. Which means I always have just a few that I
honestly want to keep in the coming year and beyond. Things I want
to make my habits. This year, while I never wrote down a list, I
have these:
- Less time on the internet. This seems to be a recurring theme. But seriously the amount of time sunk into that is quite frightening. And, now in a horribly paradoxical way...
- More regular posting on both my blogs. A subset of this is to basically get the weekly pictures up on time each week...something I've already managed to fail but that doesn't mean I'm giving up.
- More music. Seriously. It doesn't seem right that it's something I love so much and yet do so little. It annoys me.
- Keep. My. Class. Notes. Organized. The amount of time I spent just organizing stacks and stacks of paper near finals was simply amazing. I could not believe how much time was spent. Again, more generally more neatness overall (there's a difference between neatness and organized, but it's no secret that the latter is easier if the former is kept).
Secondly, if you haven't already the
recent Sherlock Holmes movies are well worth watching. As well as
the modern-day version that BBC is doing. While as a bit of a purist
in this matter I have my complaints about them they certainly are
very, very good. Just because I have to say it my biggest complaint
is that in both the television series and the movies Sherlock does in
fact have a love interest part that comes in. Occasionally. That
irks me to no end.
But now my train ride has almost come
to an end and if I don't hurry for the doors I shall be trapped in a
mass of people. Something else that irks me to no end....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Agree? Go on your way knowing at least one other person shares a similar thought pattern. Disagree? Then leave a comment!